Aside from getting busy with all the housework cleaning that needs to be done, tidying up your personal computers is also a must at this time of the year. You can do two ways of cleaning your PC: physical and digital cleaning. We’ll be focusing on the physical task which should not be too hard on you if you’d just consider how to go about the whole activity. Be sure that all cleaning tools you’ll need are in place and you’re ready to start.
Here are cleaning tools that you’ll need:
1. 70% isopropyl alcohol and some cotton swabs
2. Screwdriver that will fit most of your screw heads
3. Cleaning agents like CyberClean and LCD cleaners like Audiovox Surface; pre-moistened cloths will also do or you can mix your own home made cleaning solutions
4. Computer vacuum such as the Metro Vacuum/Blower or if you don’t have one, canned air or gas duster can be appropriate alternatives
5. Electrostatic dusting cloths
The first things you have to clean are the devices that you touch the most. Your keyboard is a good candidate. Start by disconnecting it, then turn it upside down, and then use the canned air or vacuum to get rid of dust and foreign matters that may have hid in gaps. To disinfect, use dipped cotton swabs in alcohol and work your way in between the keys.
For laptops, make sure you remove the battery before proceeding to clean the keyboard and other spaces. Use your cleaning agents, but be careful to read their directions first. For your mice, wipe the bottom part of it, include your mouse pad surfaces as they can be quite a carrier of germs too. Clean other parts of your PC with utmost care and they will be shiny and in top condition in no time.
Tags: cleaning computer, cleaning desktop, cleaning laptop, cleaning PC